AED Team chooses the Zoll AED Plus for Law Enforcement and Security agencies. The Zoll AED Plus is durable against vibration, water, dust, and temperature and is built for high use.
Bundle Includes: Zoll AED Plus with carrying case, two sets of adult pads, one set of pediatric pads, and an AED response kit.
Review: The Zoll AED Plus celebrates its 20th year of service in 2022 and it has been relatively unchanged since its initial release. One of the key features of this AED is the circular process map guiding the rescuer through the resuscitation process. The AEDs top cover also serves as a neck support to help the rescuer position and maintain the patient's airway.
Zoll incorporates 10 consumer grade Lithium 123 batteries in this AED which can be bought at your local pharmacy and have a lifespan of several years. The unique CPR-D-Padz unfold onto the patient's chest and include a sensor which measures compression quality providing feedback to the rescuer. The pads have a crosshair to help the rescuer identify where to place their hands for compressions.
Cons: The Zoll AED Plus is much larger in size and slightly heavier than its peers. If the AED will be stored in the trunk of a patrol car or in a guard station, it is a solid choice for police and security officers. If it is to be carried on patrol, a more lightweight version (like the Samaritan 350P) would be a better choice.
The Zoll AED Plus does a weekly self-test which is much longer than the daily test most other AEDs conduct - this could delay notification of something being wrong with the AED (like the pads not being present) but this testing schedule also prolongs the battery life.
Stats: IP 55, Weight 6.7 lbs, Size 574 in3, unknown drop test, 5 year warranty
When it comes to helping a victim of sudden cardiac arrest, not all AEDs are created equal. Unlike other AEDs, ZOLL® AEDs support rescuers with integrated, real-time feedback on compression rate and depth. Recommended by medical professionals, the ZOLL AED Plus® defibrillator with Real CPR Help® technology guides rescuers in performing high-quality CPR and provides integrated audio and visual feedback to support you throughout the rescue.
Smart Technology: Lives are not saved by AEDs alone. People save lives — using AEDs. Real CPR Help guides you in delivering high-quality CPR. Integrated, real-time feedback provides visual and audio prompts to "Push Harder" or confirms when you are doing "Good Compressions," keeping you on track to administer potentially life-saving CPR.
In addition to step-by-step audio prompts, Real CPR Help technology includes a compression depth indicator that provides real-time visual guidance to help you deliver the best possible CPR.
Ready for the Rescue: Your AED needs to be ready to use at a moment's notice. The AED Plus defibrillator can withstand many environmental conditions and has an automatic self-test capability, so you can be sure it's ready for the rescue. And an industry-leading five-year shelf life for batteries and pads means fewer replacements, less maintenance, and a low total cost of ownership.
Trusted Partner: For more than 25 years, ZOLL has been a pioneer in resuscitation and defibrillation, designing products that push the boundaries of technology to empower first responders and unexpected heroes to help save lives.
- Real CPR Help provides real-time CPR feedback on the rate and depth of chest compressions
- Audio prompts and visual icons complement the American Heart Association’s Chain of Survival
- Easy-to-place, one-piece CPR-D-padz® electrodes with a 5-year shelf life
- Fully automatic feature available — unit will deliver a shock on its own when a shockable heart rhythm is detected
- Rugged design with an IP (ingress protection) rating of IP55 for dust and water
- Can withstand conditions like extreme temperature, altitude, vibration, and shock
- Off-the-shelf lithium batteries (Duracell 123a) with a 5-year battery life
- Intelligent pediatric capability: Pedi-padz® pediatric electrodes can be purchased separately for children up to 8 years old or weighing less than 55 pounds
- Automatic self-testing helps ensure a state of readiness
- Soft carry case for easy travel
- 5-year warranty (7-year warranty with online registration)